Cannon Match Company
The W. D. Curtis match company was located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin before it moved to Stillwater, Minnesota. Its stamps were issued from August, 1869 through August, 1873. 1,654,408 copies were issued on old paper and 1,827,092 on silk paper. The copy above is on silk paper.
W.D. Curtis was a founding partner in the Cannon Match Company. H.W. Cannon had no part in running it, but as a local banker he loaned money to fund the business, so its stamps bore his name. They were only issued from December of 1877 to some time in 1878. 1,131,520 were printed on pink paper.
A trial color proof of the Stillwater stamp on India paper.