Brown & Durling
Brown and Durling was formed by two half-brothers, Jacob R. Brown and James K. Durling, in 1860. In 1865 Brown bought out his partner, continuing the business for several years. The Brown and Durling stamps were issued in black only from June, 1865 through August of that year. 378,000 were issued on old paper. The same stamp in green was issued from August, 1865 through July, 1867. 2,787,500 were issued on old paper.